Business Bloom International


We have made a list of some of the most common questions potential students ask us:

Ans: Applying to study in Australia is relatively simple. Other than having to deal with visas and other entry requirements, it’s not very different that applying to a university in your own country.

We work in partnership with several colleges, education institutions and universities in Australia to help you with enrolment and admission.

We have a large list of qualifications available in vocational, educational and university sector that you could apply for.

There is a range of entry requirements that you will need to apply successfully to both the institution of your choice and for your visa application.

Some of the requirements include:

  • Academic requirements

  • English language requirements

  • Evidence of funds to support your study

  • Overseas student health cover

If you are currently living or working in Australia, you may still be able to apply to study here as an international student.

Ans: At the time of enrolment you need to be 18 years or over and have English Proficiency Level at least an IELTS Band 5.5 or equivalent or depending on the course of study and institution OR you might need to undertake an English language course and successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent.

Ans: Institutions have different policies where some might require the payment of fees for one term up-front or one semester up-front. The schedule of payments is generally sent with the letter of offer.

Ans: We realise that making the right choices is important for you. That’s why we have put together some important points that you might want to consider before you proceed.

Choosing where to study is a hard choice even if it is a university or college in your own country, so making the choice to move to another country to pursue your dreams is something you should think about carefully before proceeding to the next stage.

If you are still unsure, take a look through our website about why Australia is the right choice for you. We have put together a comprehensive list of reasons as to why Australia is a great place to live, explore, study and work.

Education is relatively inexpensive compared to some other countries. You get a world-class education and you will be part of an international community that is unique to Australia.

We encourage you to do your own research to see yourself why Australia is a great place to pursue your education.

Deciding on your preferred course(s).

Identifying the subject and course(s) you want to study is one of the first steps in applying for a nationally and internationally recognised qualification.

You should select the course(s) you are interested in, and ensure you meet the entry and academic requirements. Students who do not have English as their first language, or did not complete their schooling where English was the language of instruction, must supply certified documentation of English language proficiency which meets the Institute’s minimum entrance requirements (see Course Prerequisites section in Institute Services and Student Information and individual course listing).

Note: If English was the language of instruction at school, the Institute reserves the right to request additional proof of English language level.

Initial enquiry and career advice.

For us to provide you with the best advice in picking and selecting the relevant course, email us the answers to the following. (link it to enquiry section?)

  • How did you hear about us?

  • What previous studies have you undertaken and the list of qualifications you have received so far?

  • What is the course you are most interested In applying for?

  • What is your ILETS result?

  • Write a statement with some valid reasons on why you want to study this course and what is the value of the course to you?

  • What remuneration you would receive in your home country after you return back?

  • Send us your resume.

We will endeavour to respond to your email as soon as possible or we will contact you by phone and provide you with relevant information about the courses that you could apply to, including a list of courses, institution, duration and prices.

Submitting your application including all documentation.

Once you have decided on the course and the institution you want to study at, we will send you the relevant application form which you will have to fill, sign and email it back to us. You will need to attach verified and attested copies of your academic qualifications, work experience (if applicable). IELT test results and pages of your passport that confirm your personal details and passport number. It is your responsibility to ensure that all documents are verified and attested by an authorised person. All documentation should be in English or translated to English and certified.

Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer.

Upon receipt of your application, we will forward it to the relevant person at the college or university you wish to apply to. We will notify you if you have been successful in your application. If you are NOT successful, your application fee will be refunded. Some institutes have a policy where they do not refund the application fee.

If your application has been successful, we will forward you a Letter of Offer and the Fee Schedule. The Fee Schedule will highlight the payment required to accept your offer.


Payment needs to be organised as specified in the Fee Schedule to the nominated account. A copy and proof of payment should be sent to us.

Receiving your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).

On receipt of your required payment as specified in the Fee Schedule, the institute will organise the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and issue the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) which will allow you to apply at an Australian embassy or consulate in your home country for a student visa to enter Australia.

Applying for your student visa.

Once the OSHC and the CoE are ready, you can apply for a student visa by yourself or our immigration team at Business Bloom International can organise to apply for a student visa on your behalf which we highly recommend.

Arriving in Australia.

After your visa is granted, you will prepare to come to Australia. A representative from you college or university will meet you at the Airport and take you to your accommodation, only if you have previously requested this service in your application form.

Orientation and Induction Program.

An orientation and induction program will be organised by your institution. It is delivered one week prior to the beginning of the semester.

Attendance at the program is compulsory for all international students commencing their studies.

The program covers all aspects of your time in Australia.

Some of the things covered include:

  • Adapting to Australian course requirements and lifestyle and study skills

  • Enrolment (including timetable for current semester, booklist and student card)

  • Health insurance and medical expenses and what is covered and what is not

  • Compliance with student visa requirements

  • Using public transport and how to stay safe (including personal safety, water safety, policing and fire safety)

  • Support services available at the institute and orientation to local environment

Ans: The living costs include accommodation, food and bills and clothing as necessary and will vary according to your lifestyle. As a general guide, the estimated annual cost for a single student living in Australia comes to a total of about AUD$18,000.

Ans: All international students undertaking formal studies in Australia including their dependents (who might include for example, a spouse and children under 18) must obtain an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It includes cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals (medicine).

Different OSHCs provide different service plans. These may range from a basic service which covers only the compulsory minimum to comprehensive plan which covers the compulsory minimum to extra services as specified under the particular policy.

Your education provider might be able to provide your OSHC or you can select an approved provider yourself and pay the policy.

You can find more information including a list of the providers and average costs on the Department of Health website at: overseas+student+health+cover+FAQ1 (Please check link)

Note: The Department of Immigration and Border Protection requires overseas students to maintain their Health Cover for the duration of the tie they are in Australia. For further information please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website at: (Please check link)

Costs vary depending on individual insurers and their policies, the type of cover you choose and the duration. Overseas students are recommended to contact their respective private health insurer for policy related information before commending OSHC to ensure appropriate level of cover is chosen. All costs are in Australian dollars (AUD).

For further information visit the Department of Health website at:

Ans: You need to request it in your application if you need accommodation organised for you

You can choose between a number of options which include: homestay, private rental or shared accommodation.

Each institution provides a free service to assist students in locating suitable accommodation, with the exception of some homestay arrangements in which students will have to go through a homestay agency.

Institutes do not guarantee finding suitable accommodation for all international students but will provide assistance with searching for accommodation wherever required.


Homestay agencies offer accommodation in a private home living with a host family. You will be provided with a furnished bedroom with study space. The host family provides meals, but you must pay for own travel, telephone services, entertainment and personal needs.

The approximate average weekly cost is AUD$250 to AUD$355 a week. This is payable two weeks in advance to the host family.

Rental Rooms:

You have the option of renting a room in a private house which can be either furnished or unfurnished. Meals are not generally provided, but students have access to the kitchen to prepare their own meals.

Rent varies from AUD$200 to around AUD$300 per week and may not include amenities such as water, gas and electricity costs.

Private Rental:

A popular option is to share an apartment or a house which is normally rented through a real estate agent. Rental costs vary depending on type of property, number of bedrooms and the location.

Rent varies and can be anywhere from AUD$200 to AUD$500 per week depending on the location and the number of rooms.

A month’s rent and a bond equivalent to up to six weeks rent is required to secure a property. A reference letter and financial and identification proof will be required by the real estate agent.

The majority of rental properties are unfurnished and a further AUD$2,000 to AUD$4,000 will be required on top of the rent for household goods, gas, electricity and telephone connection and furniture needs.

For further information please read:

Permanent accommodation can take three to four weeks to arrange and it cannot be arranged prior to arriving In Australia.

Ans: Yes, this can be arranged and needs to be requested in your application.

Ans: Some institutes have two intakes per year and some have four intakes per year. Depends on individual institution.

Ans: You can only apply for your student visa after you receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and after you have arranged for the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The CoE also identifies the starting and the ending date of the course.

You can apply online with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) but it is recommended that you use our immigration services where an experienced migration agent or an immigration lawyer will submit the Student Visa application form on your behalf to avoid any errors or delays.

Ans: Processing times for student visas vary but you should allow upto four weeks. We recommend applying for your visa as soon as you have received your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).

Ans: The cost of the Student Visa (Subclass 500) is AUD$550 for the application fee. The Migration Agent fee might range from AUD$1,000 to AUD$2,000.

Ans: You can arrive upto 90 days before your course starts on your student visa.

Ans: If you are NOT successful in getting a visa, your upfront payment for the course and your application fee will be refunded. Some institutes have a policy where they do not refund the application fee.

You have the right to apply again where you might provide additional documents that support your visa application.

Ans: You are eligible to work in Australia and the conditions to work are stated in the visa.

The Student Visa allows you to work legally part-time (for upto 20 hours a week) during the course period and full-time during course breaks. To work you will be required to have a Tax File Number and a bank account for processing of your payment. You can apply for both through the GoStudy offices in Australia at no extra cost.

However, you cannot work until you have commenced your course in Australia. Once your curse has commenced you are permitted to work a maximum of 20 hours a week, when your course is in session and unlimited hours when your course is not in session.

Work that is a formal registered part of your course is not included in the limit.

Voluntary, unpaid work is not included in the limit of the 20 hours a week if it is:

  • of benefit to the community

  • is for a not for profit

  • is genuinely voluntary (that is, you are not paid for the work – board and lodging is acceptable).

If the voluntary work could have been undertaken by an Australian resident who would have received a wage, then this is included in the 20 a week limit.

If you are a postgraduate research student:

  • you can work a maximum of 20 hours a week during any preliminary courses you undertake

  • if you have commended your masters by research or doctoral degree in Australia, there is no limit on the number of hours you may work.

For more information go to:

Ans: Australia’s climate varies greatly throughout the states and territories. There are four seasons across most of the country and a wet and dry season in the tropical north.

Australia’s seasons are at opposite times to those in the northern hemisphere. December to February is summer. March to May is autumn. June to August is winter and September to November is spring.

For further information go to:

Ans: Australian national currency is the Australian dollar which comes in denominations of $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 notes. Coins come in 5, 10, 20 and 50 cents and $1 and $2 denominations.

Australian notes depict famous Australians both past and present.

Currency Converter:

This handy currency converter will help you convert your own currency at the current exchange rate:

Ans: Australia is known for its natural beauty and there are a lot of things that you can do or places you can visit while you are studying.

For more information visit:

Ans: You can get the latest news updates in Australia from the following main newspapers:

The Age Newspaper:

The Herald Sun:

The Sydney Morning Herald: